we will be hosting a Permaculture Design Certification course this fall! It will be taught by Joe Evans of Evans and Lighter, Landscape Architecture, a true expert in the field.
The course will begin in late September. Lecture sessions will be Mondays 5-8 pm, hands-on field learning will be 9-1 on Saturdays. The course will run 12 weeks for a total of 72 required hours.
The text for the class with be the Permaculture: A Designer's Manual by Bill Mollison and will more or less follow the topics set out in the book, with a special emphasis on our bioregion. These topics will include:
- Philosophy, ethics, concepts, and themes in design
- Methods of design
- Pattern recognition and understanding
- Climatic factors
- Trees and their transactiions
- Water (one of Joe's specialties)
- Strategies for different climates (tropical, drylands, etc)
- Social Permaculture (alternative economic organization, etc)
More Details forthcoming soon, including exact dates, price and location. We will have limited spaces available for this class to ensure everyone enrolled gets the individual attention they deserve, so get in touch to RSVP ASAP! Also feel free to email if you have any questions about the class at firstname.lastname@example.org